Medicare Supplement Insurance
Medicare Supplement plans help pay for health care costs not covered by Original Medicare. With Original Medicare, health care costs can quickly add up to thousands of dollars. Upon reaching Medicare-eligibility, many people have found that while Medicare provides basic health care coverage, it is not always enough.
- Medicare Part A provides hospital insurance, yet it does not cover the benefit period deductible or the coinsurance required for hospital care.
- Medicare Part B has an annual deductible and typically covers only 80 percent of the Medicare approved amount for medical care.
Medicare Supplement Plans are a great option for you if you:
- Plan to keep Original Medicare as your primary coverage.
- Enjoy the flexibility of seeing any Medicare approved health care professional.
- Want to select a plan once and then keep the same benefits year after year.
- Want a health plan that will cover coinsurance amounts not covered by Original Medicare.
- Do not want to spend a lot of time completing paperwork and filing claims.
Keep your doctor, leave paperwork behind!
You keep your own doctor and hospital, and can visit a specialist at any time. And as long as your doctor is a Medicare-approved provider, you are free from paperwork and filing claims, and your doctor and your Medicare Supplement plan take care of it for you.
Now is the time to enroll!
The best time to enroll in a Medicare Supplement Plan is during your initial eligibility period. This period lasts for six months and begins on the first date of the month in which you are:
- Age 65 or older and
- Enrolled in Medicare Part B or
- Under 65 and eligible for Medicare due to a disability.